Thanks so much Gary & Michael. Yes, it all looks very simple and now
you've reassured me.

I can't get my Tidal free trial running until my speakers arrive because
the offer code is issued when the speakers are registered online but
I'll post back my experiences probably mid next week once I'm up and
running in case others tread the same path in the future.

I'm running 7.9.1 by the way. As far as I can tell with the 7.9.2
nightly builds
(http://downloads-origin.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9) still at beta
that makes mine the latest stable release. Certainly checking for
software updates in advanced settings on the LMS web interface tells me
I am running the latest version so it looks as if it should be fairly
plain sailing once I have a trial activated.

Thanks again.