kidstypike wrote:
> A little more on this.
>
> The Boom plays fine on it's own.
>
> Without using phillipe44's "group players", no matter what combination
> of player's I sync the skip problem is there.
>
> Cured by simply restarting LMS on the Pi4 from the piCorePlayer LMS
> page.

Just a thought - are you running the 'ShairTunes2 (fork)'?  My mesh wifi
has been running flawlessly for the last couple of weeks, but last night
I had a recurrence of the 37-second dropouts.  Rebooting pCP didn't fix
it, nor breaking the synchronisation then re-synching, nor restarting
every wifi AP.  I hadn't changed anything in the wifi setup, but I'd
been changing a few things in LMS, and on one occasion pCP booted
without being able to start LMS or Squeezelite because I'd removed a
mounted disk.

I now suspect that the Shairport-helper *might* be the cause of the 37
second dropouts.  I noticed that the dropouts coincided with
shairport-related messages in the log file (which I stupidly didn't
keep), so I disabled Shairport and the dropouts went away.  Then I
reloaded Shairport, and still no dropouts.

If it ever happens again I will try the 'Re-Publish' or 'Wipe' options
for the helper.  Is it possible that the Shairport helper information
can get corrupted under certain circumstances, and that this corrupted
information somehow survives a reboot?  This could explain why the only
way I could recover previously was to re-image my SD card.