chill wrote:
> Just a thought - are you running the 'ShairTunes2 (fork)'?  My mesh wifi
> has been running flawlessly for the last couple of weeks, but last night
> I had a recurrence of the 37-second dropouts.  Rebooting pCP didn't fix
> it, nor breaking the synchronisation then re-synching, nor restarting
> every wifi AP.  I hadn't changed anything in the wifi setup, but I'd
> been changing a few things in LMS, and on one occasion pCP booted
> without being able to start LMS or Squeezelite because I'd removed a
> mounted disk.
>
> I now suspect that the Shairport-helper *might* be the cause of the 37
> second dropouts.  I noticed that the dropouts coincided with
> shairport-related messages in the log file (which I stupidly didn't
> keep), so I disabled Shairport and the dropouts went away.  Then I
> reloaded Shairport, and still no dropouts.
>
> If it ever happens again I will try the 'Re-Publish' or 'Wipe' options
> for the helper.  Is it possible that the Shairport helper information
> can get corrupted under certain circumstances, and that this corrupted
> information somehow survives a reboot?  This could explain why the only
> way I could recover previously was to re-image my SD card.

Sorry, I don't use any of Phillipe's plugins other than Group Players.

I assume your problem is with a Pi4? Only reports of the 37 second sync
problem are from those using a Pi4?

I no longer use my Pi4, because of the heat related problems, I've gone
back to a Pi3B+, no problems with syncing.

*Server - LMS 7.9.2 *Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.1 18K library, playlists & LMS cache
on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Squeezebox Boom
*Garage* - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi