mherger wrote:

> > The cache is 3.16 GB on an 6 GB RAM drive that I have been using for
>
> Thinking about this again... 3GB is HUGE, even for 400k tracks. I've got
>
> 20k, library.db is about 40M. Assuming 20x the tracks generate 20x the
> data, this should still be less than 1GB. That's >8k of information per
> track.
> Even with Lyrics this seems like a lot (artwork is stored separately).
>
> Next time you plan to do a full wipe & scan I'd suggest you shut down
> LMS and delete library.db*.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Very interesting.

I have displayed the contents of my cache below.  Let me know if
something sticks out as being strange.  My RAM drive is 8 GB (6 was a
typo).  And deleting library.db is exactly how I initiated the failed
rescans.

28065

|Filename: cache.jpg                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28065|

http://zzzone.net
http://have-a-nice-day.org
http://www.last.fm/user/zzzoneDOTnet
http://somethingsomethingsomething.net

SBS 7.9 - i7 nuc - Win 10 64bit
5 Booms, 2 Radio, 3 Touch, 1 Duet, 5 piCorePlayers including 3
touchscreen, 1 Avy
2 controllers, various tablets/phones
Apps including iPeng, Squeeze Ctrl etc.
'Library' (http://zzzone.net/photo/2009/music1.jpg): 425,000+ FLAC/MP3