The PiCorePlayers are cheap and easy enough to build which should carry
this platform for the foreseeable future. I find the player to be easier
to configure and more reliable than a Duet receiver. On occasion the
Duet receiver has just started playing loud static that I have to hit
Rew and it then picks up where it was supposed to before the static
blast. The Pi I built has never missed a beat. With my Duet controller
it's no change for the wife, which is great as she knows how to use the
controller even though she has Orange Squeeze on her phone.

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets
and Squeeseslave
Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3
Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD
card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)