> On 22 Oct 2019, at 01:53, chopinhauer
> <chopinhauer.98a...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>

> This is really more PLEX question than an LMS one.

You are right - a pure Plex question. But anyway, the short answer is Plex
needs internet connectivity unless setup specifically to not use it.

Here is one link (search for “Plex without internet):
https://www.howtogeek.com/303282/how-to-use-plex-media-server-without-internet-access/

<https://www.howtogeek.com/303282/how-to-use-plex-media-server-without-internet-access/>
 or
https://forums.plex.tv/t/use-plex-without-internet-connection-on-home-network/179493

<https://forums.plex.tv/t/use-plex-without-internet-connection-on-home-network/179493>

Rainer

> I have both running on my local network. Often my internet goes down but
> LMS still streams nicely to my Squeezeboxes throughout the house. This
> is as expected as my music is stored locally. But the same doesn't
> happen with PLEX even though I have my files stored locally as well.
> When the internet goes down it won't stream to my TV via chromecast.
>
> Can any of the wifi/internet cognoscenti explain why this is so? Why
> does LMS work and PLEX doesn't when the internet goes down even though
> both are streaming from my local computer? Is it simply a PLEX thing?

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Orcid ID: 0000-0002-7490-0066

Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
University of Zürich
Office Y34-J-74
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8075 Zürich