pkfox wrote:
> I've put a revised version of the documenter on my Dropbox - the only
> major difference in this version is you have the option to exclude the
> album artwork which reduces the file file size massively. To give you an
> idea of the difference artwork makes my collection with artwork produced
> a file of 27mb and without it is 1.3mb.
>
> Once you've downloaded the zip file unzip it into it's own folder and
> try it out ( double click on the .exe file ).
>
> When the form appears
> Enter your name in the textbox at the top of the form this will appear
> on the first page of the pdf and select a folder for your output file
> don't try to add a filename this is generated automatically.
> Click  on the Scan For LMS Servers button  ( it used to do this
> automatically ) and wait until your server details appear on the form.
>
> Then click Scan Music Library and watch the checkboxes on the right of
> the form being checked one at a time.
> Once all of the checkboxes are checked
> Check or uncheck add album art then click the Generate Pdf button and
> watch the progress.
>
> It can take some time to scan your network for a server but it will find
> it if there is one.
> Let me know how you get on.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwrp1o6n1ayl9b4/AABlJ2e77oPcodxUkqMnxTTua?dl=0

Thanks a lot for the update. I downloaded, clicked the .exe and - - -
Avast wanted to take it away for analysis in their lab (or message to
that effect). It came back with a clean bill of health, so hopefully
other Avast users will find their file is cleared quickly.

Everything seemed to be heaps quicker than before. The LMS server was
identified in 20 seconds, the scan completed in under a minute and the
pdf (without album art) creation took scarcely more than a minute.
But I've still got >1600 pages in a 10 MB file. Sadly that doesn't
really satisfy my wish for a file small enough for my phone to scroll
quickly and search with the tools already there - and my basic HTML
files do that job for me.

Anyway, thanks once more. I suspect plenty of people will enjoy having
the output from your app - renewed congratulations on the product.

A suggestion: Maybe edit the first post in this thread to put the new
Dropbox link up there, with the new instructions (and maybe a comment to
explain the timing for people landing there for their first time)?

Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP >
Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
Library: External USB drive
Android: Squeezer app