As I've dived into picoreplayer this year and figured out various things
I had been thinking about just writing posts on here along the lines of
"A beginners guide to using a Flirc USB V2 with pcp"
"Parts list for building a touchscreen player"
and laying it out step by step.

We're not too good at removing barriers to getting new people into this
world. Plenty of us have been doing this forever and are happy to do the
super complex bits but then we let people figure out the basics the hard
way.
Of course I agree the wiki should go if it's out of date

Or just let us add to the pcp site's docs of course, but understand from
a discussion I saw that it's not that simple.