> The firmware is the current version 40, so I suspect if I could roll
> back the version to the earlier one, this might restore things .
> So, is there a way to source the previous firmware version and roll
> back the current version.Otherwise I`m up the creek without a paddle!

My SB1-G plays my flac files fine, obviously converted to wav on the
server. Also using 6.2.2 and firmware 40  (and WinXP SP2) so I'd try
uninstalling and reinstalling first. Firmware 40 has been around for a
while now, I'm sure there'd be a lot more people complaining if it
were the cause of your problems.

Richard