erland wrote:
> In the Daylight Clock applet I used images from die.net:
> https://www.die.net/earth/
> There is a number off different projections available and also one for
> moon phase: https://www.die.net/moon/

Hi Erland - do you have any tips for fetching a plain image from
die.net?

If I paste, for instance,
'https://static.die.net/earth/rectangular/1280.jpg' into a browser
search bar I get a plain image displayed (1280 pixels across).

But if I try to fetch it with wget then it fails:

Code:
--------------------
    tc@pCPTV:~/ScreenSaverImages$ wget
"https://static.die.net/earth/rectangular/1280.jpg"; -O
/home/tc/ScreenSaverImages/WorldSunlight.jpg
  Connecting to static.die.net (104.26.1.94:443)
  wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

I'm guessing that's because the service that renders the image is
intended to respond only to browsers.  I tried adding a user agent to
the command - same result.  I tried curl, and received a file of html
that looks like the code that renders the image.