chill wrote:
> Hi Erland - do you have any tips for fetching a plain image from
> die.net?

It worked previously without having to do anything specific but I guess
they might have added something to stop people from downloading the
images when they switched to https. My guess is that you might need to
set some http header to make wget/curl look like a browser. You should
be able to use the debug/developer view of a working browser to see
which headers it uses.

The Daylight Clock applet fetch the images via the mysqueezebox.com
image proxy, you will find the code here if it helps:
https://github.com/erland/squeezebox-daylightclock/blob/28a5fe9977fed2a891be314f466e1c828bee00d8/src/DaylightClockApplet.lua#L895

Not sure if mysqueezebox.com adds some headers but I think I didn’t use
that in the beginning, if I remember correctly it was added to cache the
images so many users using Daylight Clock applet simultaneously wouldn’t
overload die.net

Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User_Erland.html)
*Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets* ('see
here for more information'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?49483-Announce-New-versions-of-erlands-plugins&p=998836&viewfull=1#post998836)
)