...just in case someone out there has a config that's worked perfectly
well for several years... and all of a sudden things go wrong and your
players can't find an LMS server on your network... as just happened to
me.

I simply turned off the Windows Firewall for my Private Network under
"Windows Security > Firewall & network protection" in settings. It is my
suspicion the last MSFT security update somehow turned up the firewall
security a notch and blocked the players.

I am not a fan of the solution, don't quite understand why I suddenly
had to it... and configuring firewall exceptions in Windows Firewall or
Defender Firewall (they call things different ways depending on how you
get to it, it's silly) is still remarkably arcane and user unfriendly...
just let me pick an app froma  list of running apps, but nah, you got to
enable the program files that are buried somewhere in the program
directories...

But it works again...

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation) running Ubuntu 18.04 +
LMS 7.9.1
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- KEF
Reference 1
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure
1540