I'm using LMS and subsonic and airsonic advanced.
Because the abilities of LMS and especially the Custom Scan plugin, i'm
in a heavy retagging project. This leads to the situation that "New
Music" in LMS changes frequently not because of new, but i guess because
of new tags or because of changed file save date/time.

For whatever reason, the other apps i'm using like subsonic and
airsonic, are not suffering from this retagging approach. There is "New
Music" discovered as new, when it is really "new".
For some reason, the New Music area of the "sonic apps survive my
retagging approach.

I like this! I haven't digged into the cause, but i would like to see
the *sonic approach in LMS also. Are other users here, which see the
difference within those apps the same way i do?