It seems that the SB3 has reached the end of its lifecycle. More and
more devices are failing. I bought some on eBay. They work for some
months and one even for more than a year. Then they die with the same
symptoms:

- Display dead
- Player cannot be found on network
- optical output still blinking

I guess the capacitors would need replacement.

This is an excellent guide by the way:
https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/2018/11/logitech-slimdevices-squeezebox-classic.html

Unfortunately I just lack the skills to replace the capacitors by
myself. Has anybody had their devices repaired or know a good repair
shop (preferably in Europe (I am located in Switzerland))?

Fun fact: My SlimMP3 is still working perfectly. Slimdevices was better
quality than Logitech!