danco wrote:
> Yes, I think you are right, and the One For All may have been a mistake
> for the reasons you give. Unfortunately it came in one of those plastic
> containers that have to be destroyed to get into them, so I can't return
> it.
>
> But it only cost a few pounds, so no great problem.
>
> The Harmony strikes me as too expensive to make sense. Having a bunch of
> remotes to use rather than just one is annoying but I find it hard to
> justify the cost of a Harmony for myself, and wonder why anyone would
> pay that much.

At one time you could get the hub and the smart remote  for under $60.0.
And even that basic model had lots of undocumented features like voice
control on Android tv or fire tv. Google never got this fully working
last time I checked but the hub could do it with programming on your
part.   It could do automations like turning the tv on when you walk in
the back door after a certain time, etc. Harmony never advertised this
because this was for techies not your average consumer.

The setup software was a pain and it would say it can't do that when it
could- you just had to know how to "lie" back at it. Once I learned the
tricks , I realized Harmony was much better than what was advertised.

Logitech has some really nice technology, it's just they don't know how
to get the word out.