pablolie wrote:
> Posting rights in the Audiophile forum forever revoked!!! :-D
>
> Convenience is what hooked me on the SB ecosystem forever ago (2004 when
> I bought my first SB). Once I had ripped my collection (which took me 2
> years, with well over 3000 CDs and by now over 4000 albums it's no
> joke), I just touched CDs for FLACing new ones.
>
> But I can't take it as far as these audio contraption things that spy on
> you on top... :-) I extremely seldom use the remote though.

I don't come to the forum as much as I used to (not enough time anymore)
and just saw your reply ..

I too constantly go through a guilt phase where I KNOW that my Alexa
speakers are always spying on me. And my "smart" speakers still keep
getting dumber and less useful every week. I (probably more than)
occasionally go through the "rip all of these worthless "smart" speakers
out of my house" phase. I guess my only caveat was that "hey, my Android
phone(s) always has a Google speaker (microphone) on .. so, I'm already
being spied on." But yeah .. my trust issues (I really have no trust)
with these behemoth tech companies is getting close to nil. The "rip
out" phase may come sooner than later. And yes .. the audio quality
(there is none) is much, much less than the convenience factor really
affords. I prefer to listen through my towers when I can. Squeezebox
platform is still my every day driver.