Thank you for all the valuable suggestions to take advantage of the
squeezebox. I have been thinking about the raspberry pi.

I emailed the radio station (vip-radios.fm) and asked if there was a
http url link that I could use. It turns out simply dropping the "s" is
the solution. I assume other radio stations probably also keep their
older links alive while providing the https to TuneIn. I will certainly
try if I face the same issue again.

BTW. I clicked the "access your favorite streams as OPML" at the bottom
of the "favorites" tab on mysqueezebox.com. Now I can only see the OPML
links. I can still add new favorite http links but they will show as
OPML below. Is there a way to go back and show all links as URLs? It
will be easier to see the https links I put in previously and use "edit"
to change them to "http" and see what will happen.