verycd wrote:
> The only pain is I still couldn't figure out how to make the Wake On LAN
> (from squeezer app on the phone) work after 10 hours of trying. Guess I
> will settle for the ritualistic walking and pressing the button now. An
> older version of the Squeeze Player app works well on an repurposed
> phone so I can sync music and control volumes separately now on squeezer
> instead of powering the two sets of speakers in two rooms with one
> receiver and long cables when I want the same music playing.

IIRC Pi don't support WOL (maybe more to do with s/w rather than h/w)
maybe because power usage is considered to be low.  Often users who want
to remotely turn/off Pi use wifi / Zigbee controlled socket and use
on/off control from phone/tablet - suits users already with some HA.
Power up delay is the downside.