garym wrote:
> Great advice. Every so often, on one of my backup USB drives I'll run
> TEST CONVERSION (dbpoweramp).  It takes a number of hours for about
> 116,000 files.  This attempts to decode each file to confirm it is still
> ok.  And for the FLAC files, it compares the builtin CRC (audio only)
> from the time of ripping to the calculated audio only CRC.  An even
> better confirmation.

About seven months ago I purchased a new Windows 10 computer and set up
PCp on a Pi 3B2+ to run LMS.  Therefore, I have been moving a lot files
around and this thread got my attention.  My music files exist on the
windows 10 (primary) computer and on a HHD connected to the Pi (LMS
copy).
I used the Test Conversion in DBpoweramp to check all my FLAC and MP3
files on both drives.   A corrupt file existed on both drives; I suspect
it arrived corrupt as it was in a folder I use when people bring their
own music to listen to on my audio system.  The test also discovered a
corrupt file on the Pi LMS copy, but it was okay on the primary; that
was an easy fix.   Next I will check the third copy I keep on a HHD at
my office.

If it matters, I use freefilesync when I add new music files.

Gary, thanks again for all the good information you provide on the
forum!! :)

Paul