Wow scary story. I have As of current count on LMS, I have 41,103 tracks
and 4,038 albums. It'd completely suck to lose them or even a 20%
portion. I try to back up diligently and spread risk, but worst case
scenarios can always hit. And if a global extinction event happened that
renders every precaution useless, I'd guess I'd have other worries to
deal with... :-P

That said, one thing I am doing is creating favorite playlists in
Spotify that reflect my music history. They don't have every album in my
collection, but it's very, very good stuff. And sounds pretty darn good
to me too, even though I fully admit to having a somewhat snobbish audio
quality standard.

I know you'll tell me stuff can happen to Spotify too (takeover, tech
change, music rights disputes ..), but all in all creating good
playlists there that I can reuse from anywhere seems a fun thing to do
and time well spent, too.

Glad you recovered most of your library - and honestly if I look at mine
these days, there's a significant chunk of stuff in there I'll probably
never listen to again. So unless I miss it, it's probably just as well
if it disappeared. :-D

...pablo
Server: Win10 and LMS 8.1.0
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- KEF
Reference 1
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure
1540