Starminder,

Do you really need WiFi 6 on the 2.Ghz band?  New devices should support
WiFi 6 and 5Ghz, so WiFi 6 will is be still available.  To recap, WiFi6
is disabled for 2.4 GHz, but WiFi6 is enabled for 5 Ghz.  I am not
having any problems with my SB Radios.

I connect anything that benefits from higher speed on the 5 Ghz SSID,
and all the other stuff is placed on the 2.4 Ghz SSID.

I chose the ASUS because it still allows the option to create separate
SSIDs and it supports ethernet backhaul.  Some of the other options from
other companies do not allow those options.  I just hope ASUS can
resolve the guest network on mesh nodes issue.  I connect the IoT
devices on the guest network for security reasons because it is
isolated, and one of them (sprinkler) will need to connect to the mesh
node because the main router is farther away.

Paul