I've installed an XT8 kit two days ago and had the exact same problem
with a Transporter (transporter connects, obtain an IP address through
DHCP, but can't connect to the server)

As the XT8 kit is working correctly and solves a lot of other problem, I
just kept them and added a mini wireless AP from Mikrotik to the network
to have the transporter to connect to its own 2.4 Ghz old school SSID
(non wifi6, non mesh, non roaming...).

[IMG]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4r8MDalAL6g/maxresdefault.jpg[IMG]

It's a bit blunt but it works.

I'll try investigate a bit more and discuss with Asus support. I took
network capture as seen from LMS server and it's strange...
There are exchanges (DHCP, SLIMP3 discovery frames), but the TCP
connection on port 3483 fails (server receive SYN and answer with its
SYN/ACK, but transporter resent the SYN packet like it never received
the SYN/ACK from the server).