castalla wrote:
> LMS should work with yamaha musicast if the Yamaha has upnp/DLNA
> features.  It works with my yamaha wxad 10.  You need to install the
> upnp bridge plugin.

Thanks to both of you.  Very helpful.  On my network I have a third
generation Windows Home Server, officially known as Windows Storage
Server.  It runs on an HP Microserver with a very light CPU (either a
ARM or a Celeron), and 2 GB RAM.   I also have my desktop and several
older systems with i5 CPU's and SSD drives, and 8 GB RAM. I can run XP,
7 or 10 on these, or 8 if I must.

The music files are stored on the Storage Server.

I'm guessing all the music files need to be on the same box as the LMS
or in a shared folder accessible to the LMS.  If not like that, then
how?  If so, where does Squeezelite go?  Or is there a better way, while
staying in Windows?

If I have files I don't want LMS to "see" or catalog, or list, such as
all the non-music "music" like hip-hop/rap that children want to store,
how can I isolate them, as it appears LMS will scan anything it can
find.  Or will it not bother with root shares which in windows are C$
etc.

Thanks again for any assistance.