Ok now I understand that you're using Chromecast devices as virtual
squeezeboxes.
What's confusing me is why you want to change anything. What's wrong
with your current Beresford DAC?

Regarding moving the LMS server, I would strongly recommend not running
it on a Windows machine that's also being used for other general purpose
stuff.
If you go the piCorePlayer route, I can tell you that you don't need a
RPi4 - it works just fine on a RPi3. Lack of USB3 for the disk isn't an
issue - audio data rates are so micky-mouse that USB2 is plenty fast
enough. My RPi3 LMS server is even running some SOX filters for DRC and
the CPU is nowhere close to maxed out - typically around the 25% mark.

Until recently: Transporter -> ATC SCM100A, now sold :-(
House move forced change to: piCorePlayer(RPi2/HiFiBerry DIGI2 Pro) ->
Meridian 218 -> Meridian M6