The output was set to headphones, but as I said was not driving hard.
Not a problem, kidstypike, I absolutely delighted with my new Pi. I
won't be using the 3.5mm jack. I was just exploring. I wonder if some
future evolution will include one of those hybrid 3.5mm sockets that is
also an optical out.

Presently the jack is set to USB, I'll leave it as it is, and for now
just ignore it.

This is what I see.

36852

I wonder what the ticked "Auto Gain" does.

No problem. I'll just enjoy this box as I now have it set up. It does
everything I want and uses a lot less power than the PC.

|Filename: Screenshot 2022-01-16 13.01.29.png                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36852|

Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video
Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp  - AVI
Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC
into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s