@Ronnie

It is possible to wind the headphone output up from 0 db to +4db

36857

That makes my cheap headphones much more useable. (Not that I will be
using them.)

I plugged in my Sennheiser HD25 phones - commonly used by audio pros.
Interestingly they are slightly more sensitive than my cheapies.

I am still, however, using 90%+ on the player volume.

It's not a bad sound out of the headphone socket when using the internal
Pi Dac which I don't suppose was ever meant for anything beyond hobby
project sounds.

As said previously, a useful evolution would be the sort of hybrid 3.5mm
jack that exports analogue sounds and optical output for a DAC.

My next development will be to swap the Beresford 7510 DAC I have here
in Southampton for the Caiman (7520) I have in Nicosia which has a USB
input. I can then move the Pi into the lounge and discontinue the use of
one of my Chromecast Audio Dongles.

But goodness knows when I will next be in Nicosia!

No matter, what I have working is working very well.

Thanks to all.

|Filename: Screenshot 2022-01-16 15.43.25.png                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36857|

Brian

In UK: rPi4 running LMS, Chromecast Audio Dongle and Chromecast Video
Dongle attached to TV - Beresford DAC - Quad 77 Integrated Amp  - AVI
Neutron 4 Speakers - Sennheiser HD25 Headphones. Boom in Bedroom.

In Nicosia: LMS running on a small form factor Windows PC, Beresford DAC
into Quad 405-2 and MB Quart 980s