Ceejay,  nice work!  I think this is exactly the type of overview and
step-by-step that will be useful to beginners.  The initial
squeezebox/slimserver/networking/java/encoders experience can be
daunting for some, and for those that are initiated via softsqueeze,
even more so.  Your document sets a nice framework for new users to
become familiar with the slim paradigm.

I've added a couple of points under softsqueeze.

The slimserver section indicates that the web interface is
self-explanatory.  I would go so far as to take that position in a
beginners guide - I think this should be flushed out more.

--
MrC