Jim Wrote:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?HowtoBestAudioQuality
>
> "My own personal example might clarify a bit. My CDs compress on
> average to 300Mb (flac) and about 60Mb (MP3). I have 350 CDs which is
> approx 105Gb (flac) or 21Gb (MP3). A brand new 200Gb drive cost me
> GBP75. So for me I've kept everything as FLAC and I'll probably create
> an MP3 version as well (which is easy as I have the FLAC original).
> Also it's taken me about 2 minutes a disc to rip them (my time not the
> computers) ie about 700min = nearly 12 hours. Finally as they are flac
> if I ever want to convert to a new format I can automate the process
> without having to reread all my disks."
>
> Author of this see the page for my comments.  Also any prices should
> probably be in US$

Jim - I agree about the possible misunderstanding that a reader could
take from this - but I don't think you are disagreeing with the author,
just asking for a little clarification. In that case, why not make a
change yourself?

I've noticed several minor amendments and clarifications have been made
by various people on the stuff I've written, and I'm delighted to see
it!

BTW, GBP75 = US$135 approx (today!).  And yes, I agree that as a
general rule US$ is the appropriate universal currency to use...

Ceejay

--
ceejay