kidstypike wrote:
> IR isn't much use if there's no screen to show the user where he/she is
> in the menu structure. :confused:

maybe just volume, mute, ffwd, rew?

I agree that the duet was designed as a set, and receivers sold on their
own were intended for additional rooms. So a receiver was never intended
to be standalone.

In a way, it's like a Roku streamer. They were intended to only work
with roku remotes, but people wanted integrated "smart" remotes, hence
the roku 3/ultra (with IR), which I have, because I want one harmony
remote to control everything. I don't want to use two remotes. I imagine
Roku's early models had a similar design philosophy to the Duet. Maybe
if there had been additional generations of the receiver, there would be
IR....

again, I steer the conversation way off topic, sorry :o

Jim