notechyet wrote:
> Thanks @sota748
> Good point, ho, i haven't. One thing I remember is that the unit was
> warm. This may confirms my previous comment that the Android app can
> still "connect" with the box, though not communicate.
Android app talks to LMS not the player.
LMS talks to the player.

PSU can be failing so that it can provide enought pwoer to start system
but not enough to do anything underload.

Is there a light in SPDIF optical conection ?

If PSU is OK (and only way to be sure is to replace with a known working
properly speced PSU) - the next main cause for failure is WLAN card
which is also a relatively easy to test - open up SB player and remove
WLAN card and test player on wired connection. A failing WLAN card can
stop a SB player even if the wired connection is being used.
Good site for just WLAN issue
https://lowtek.ca/roo/2011/squeezebox-classic-repair/

Good site for all the other usual issues for a failing SB classic.
https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com/2018/11/logitech-slimdevices-squeezebox-classic.html