FredFredrickson wrote:
> My experience is documented here:
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?116136-Maintaining-an-Old-System
>
> Basically, all of my SBs struggle with newer wifi devices, some more
> than others. The SB Receivers were the worst offenders, Radio was second
> worst, and the touch was the most robust, but still fell offline a
> bunch.
>
> I believe I narrowed down my problem to changing wifi channels (with
> 2.4ghz channel set to auto). But I only have a few days of proof for
> that.
>
> As a more permanent fix, I picked up a handful of these
> (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093WZ15FR) and it has completely changed
> everything. Sync is faster, players don't fall offline anymore, and I
> can leave my router at optimal settings for newer devices.
>
> I don't have Wifi 6 at home but i suspect you'll still struggle with
> what I'm experiencing.  Hands down using these devices in bridge mode is
> the best decision I've made and my only regret is waiting for so long to
> get them.

That's interesting. I have one of those TPLink extenders set up a floor
away from my 2nd radio, so getting another one for the bedroom would be
an easy fix.  Thanks

Logitech Media Server Version: 8.3.0 - 1645717927 @ Thu 24 Feb 2022
05:23:32 PM CET
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver,
Paradigm 4.1 speakers
SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
Two SB Radios wireless