JoeMuc2009 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would also recommend a Xilinx reset as described. On top of that, you
> might want to try a factory reset by holding the "+" key instead of the
> "1".
> Missing analog sound can also come from settings. Even if that's quite
> obvious, some people actually manage to set their SB's output volume to
> zero by accident and never know it. There could also be server settings
> that cause this.
> Please check these, all are on default values in case of my screenshot,
> but even if you find the same settings it might be worthwhile to play
> around with them. I remember that in some cases this brought the sound
> back.
>
> 37691
>
> If you don't have a Logitech Media Server but use mysqueezebox.com
> instead, you can find a lot of these settings on the website, too. Most
> of these are not reachable through infrared commands though, so a
> browser needs to be involved.
> Bad electrolytics can cause sound output to fail but usually the device
> stability fails first, i.e. whenever you try to play something, the SB
> will crash sooner or later and reboot. So we might rather be dealing
> with a software issue here.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe

I tried both reset types, checked all my player/server settings, nothing
was amiss, so I'm guessing it's the capacitors as people have said. :-/

- Tim

Marantz Integrated Stereo Amp / Home Built Intel-based HTPC (running
LMS) w/BluRay Player / Samsung TV
Squeezebox Duet in Storage.
Squeezebox Boom in Storage (gift from Slim Devices after they came to my
home to debug a networking issue).
Squeezebox 3 in Bedroom, attached to small "executive" stereo system
with bookshelf speakers mounted on wall.
Squeezebox Radio in Bedroom, next to bed, used as radio alarm.