Paul Webster wrote:
> I think it is unlikely to show anything in the logs because the problem
> is probably hardware related at the player or interconnects.

ok - I'll try taking a lengthy CAT5 to the SB3 then and see if that
stops the problem.
A slightly odd thing that I should mention is that quite often when I
look at LMS in Chrome on a separate Windows PC then it (at least
sometimes) shows the FLAC as still playing (with the progress indicator
ticking over). There's just no sound!

Is there a buffer setting or something I can change?

SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI
subwoofer
3 x SB3s + SB Radio
LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround