I'm not sure I quite understand, but it's my understanding that file
names are totally irrelevant to LMS.  I've created separate albums for
tracks that are contained within the same file and I've created albums
that contain tracks that come from separate files.  In each case, it's
the same tag names for Album and Album Artist that made the groupings an
Album, regardless where the tracks were physically located or what the
file names were.

I also use MP3Tag and I've sometimes gone back to rename File Names (or
the split File Names to different tags), but I usually use the Convert
or Quick Action functions to do any mass changes.

By the way, I'm also a big Celtic and roots music fan.

Larry