Paul Webster wrote:
> In that case - I suggest going back to 8.3 and generate logs again.
> I say this because “Persistent” plugin is removed for 8.3 and equivalent
> code is now in the 8.3 base.
>
> Philippe (who wrote the persistent stuff) appears to have freed up some
> time for some more LMS work so he might be able to have a go at this.
> He will have no issue finding enough players given his other plugins and
> SqueezeAMP.

Because I can't seem to stop debugging this issue, I've spun up another
LMS node (8.2, piCorePlayer) on a wifi-only Pi4+DAC2HD node.
It turns out that my synchronization is much more reliable with this
host, and I get sync events much less often.  It's also yet to have any
online streams disconnect.

Previously I was on a hardwired host as a proxmox VM.  I've even
migrated the VM between 2 different servers to test if one was at fault
without improvement.   This same server stack hosts a considerable
number of other VMs without any issues, including the firewall/gateway
itself.
Are there any known issues with trying to keep a large number of players
synchronized from a virtual machine host?