Paul Webster wrote:
> I think it was because of this comment about them being fitted backwards
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?117140-New-approach-to-dead-Boom-SB3-(Classic)-Transporter&p=1067012&viewfull=1#post1067012

Correct, it appears these capacitors are put in reverse polarity. This
happened during production, and the PCB silk screen is actually
reversed, too. So if you properly adhere to the silk screen during the
capacitor replacement, you will actually repeat their mistake - which
has me worry quite a bit as I have done tons of these repairs withough
knowing.
The fact that these capacitors are the ones that lead the statistics
when it comes to leaked caps in the SB3 also confirms they have issues.
Using a bipolar cap instead means that there is still the capacity
demanded by the circuitry but the part won't suffer from reverse
polarity because that's something that cannot happen in a bipolar
capacitor.

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

Blog:
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?rinli=1&pli=1&blogID=5053304027701850753#allposts