I've had my sb for a year now and I've got a lot of sympathy when the
guy says the rescan needs attention.  I've never got the hang of it
(and yes my mp3 tags are fine).  Add a few tracks ask for a rescan and
nothing happens  - ever.  What had to be done before was clear the
cache, now clear library and start again just for adding a few tracks.
In my experience that can take 5-6 hours.  Even harder is just changing
an mp3 tag then you've got to move the track to another part of  the
drive, change the tag then move it back and rescan as above.  I've seen
other guys with itunes to a rescan in 10 seconds.  Why does slim have to
thrash away for hours?

--
dgovan