I should probably start a different thread but...

I got the used SB1 and set it up. So far, I am pretty excited about the
whole thing.

Before getting the SB1, about the only thing I have done with digital
music is rip CD's to MP3's for use on portable devices. I have been
using WinAmp and iTunes, 192 bit encoding.

I have looked around at the forums a little, but I am trying to decide
if I should start re-ripping my CD's for the SB1 at 320 bit or FLAC and
use transcoding. I will try to find out more about encoding - VRB or CRB
if I use MP3 format instead of FLAC, or if FLAC to MP3 transcoding to
the SB1 is better.

As a rookie, I would welcome any suggests or pointers (other than "Get
an SB3". That will have to wait awhile!)

--
newton