Hi Jeff,

On Dec 12, 2005, at 12:58 PM, Jeff wrote:
1) Disconnect SlimServer machine from the network.  Wait 5-10 seconds.
Squeezebox display goes dark.

2) Disconnect Squeezebox from the network.  Screen remains dark.

3) Wait 60 seconds or so.

4) Connect Squeezebox to the network.  Wait 30 seconds or so.

5) Connect SlimServer machine to the network.

Alas, those steps don't do it for me here. Is there some other trick I missed?

Since the Squeezebox knows the server it previously connected with,
shouldn't it retry that connection from time to time (every 10-15
seconds or so), to see if the music server is back alive? It shouldn't
flood the network, but it should retry every so often continuously
unless told otherwise via the remote or something ...
It does exactly that.  Or at least it does here...

Some questions...

Are your devices using DHCP or static addresses? Are the addresses changing? Do you have the ability to do a packet capture? _______________________________________________