dwc Wrote:

> - Also you fail to mention the sound card you'd be running and its
> cost. You have to get a pretty expensive sound card to rival the SB's
> audio quality.

I can attest to that.  Before I got the SB2 for my car, I pulled the
audio from the built-in sound chips on my Via M10000 motherboard.
Needless to say, the audio quality was terrible.  It was so bad that
even casual listening in the car was irritating.  I even got distortion
on the low-end that was basically unlistenable.

Now I have the Via M10000 (running Linux) connected to the SB2 via
wired ethernet, so the computer can concentrate on giving the SB data,
rather than trying to do audio.  Sounds great.

--
LavaJoe