My girlfriend and I were joking today about the "wireless" slims.

They truly are wire less. They have exactly 1 wire less than the other
slims. But they still need 2 wires, attaching them to the wall plug and
to the stereo or speakers or whatever.

The other two wires have been a source of recurring messages on this
forum for months.

1. Replace the wall wart with 4 Ni-Cad batteries and power your slim
independent of the wall. Search the forum for batteries and you'll find
several threads along this line.

2. Replace the cord to speakers with small amplified speakers. If you
stick boombox into the forum search software, you'll probably find
dozens of threads saying, essentially, we want a squeezebox boombox.

Put all this together with a "wireless" squeezebox, and you could
really get a "wire-free" squeezebox, one you could carry out to the
garage or down to the basement and listen to it the whole time,
uninterrupted.

I'm sure Slim knows (some) people would like this. They'd have to be
blind not to have seen the forum messages. But I can speculate that the
obvious reasons (lack of resources in a small company, need to stay
focussed on core projects, etc) play a role in the fact that there is
no product like this yet. Whether there might be in future is anyone's
guess.

--
Michaelwagner