Neil Cameron Wrote:
> I'd like to try this and play my files when I'm somewhere else, but I
> need
> some help.
>
> I know I have to open up ports 9000 and 3483, but:
>
> - how do I know what IP address my home PC is presenitng to the outside
>
> world - I have a SpeedTouch Broadband modem?
> - do I have to use iTunes or WinAmp remotely; can't I just connect to
> the IP
> address using Slimserver directly?
>
> --
> Neil

Hi Neil

I was going to be facetious and suggest that you just take your iPod
(and external speakers of course) with you when you travel but I have
just worked out that if you get this sorted, I could access all your
music on my Squeezeboxes as well! Therefore I wish you all the best in
your endeavour and will be in touch via normal mail to see if I can
hook up.

Jon Gould

--
Jungle

They say that laughter is the best medicine but, if you're an asthmatic,
ventolin is probably a better bet.