In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dr Lovegrove wrote:
> Excluding firewall issues, it could be an invalid setting in the options page.

Or it could be that the seat to keyboard interface is an idiot! I suspect the
fact that it is now working was somehow facilitated by me, somewhat belatedly,
disabling the firewall from both machines rather than just one! Sorry.

Moose is rather a nice and useful of piece of software - thank you.

May I make a suggestion? I'd like to keep this running all of the time so if it
sat in the system tray when minimised (perhaps defaulting to minimise to system
tray when I accidentally hit close!) and, when I put my mouse pointer over the
Moose system tray icon, it displayed the details of the currently playing
tracks
for the selected player that would be rather excellent!

If you did that perhaps the RMB button on the system tray icon could contain
'now playing, library and exit?

I think I may have a minor bug. The selected player is currently playing Alien
Afternoon by Genesis from Calling All Stations. Moose is showing the filename
under Track (which may be WAD), Artist is shown as 'G' and Album is showing as
'Genesis'. The display is similar for any track it plays. The Slimserver web
page is showing 'Alien Afternoon by Genersis from Calling all Stations'.

Kevin