Listener Wrote:
> I typed the command in a command line window and got a one line
> response:
>
> The system cannot find the path specified.
>
> There is NO c:\bin directory on my C: drive.
> ----
> I have a Start menu command "Java 2 runtime environment" with a single
> sub-menu item "Welcome to Java 2".  If I click on that item, I get a
> web page on my hard disk at
>
> file:///c:/Program%20Files/Java/j2re1.4.0/Welcome.html
>
> I'd guess the Java runtime is installed in this directory.
>
> As far as I can see, the \bin path was generated in your s/w.
>
> Bill
The slightserver.bat script expects to find the java executable at
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java. So the problem is almost certainly that your
JAVA_HOME is not set up. It may be my mistake to assume that this
environment variable is set up by default by the java installer. I'll
have to check.

Try the following command before running slightserver.bat:

set JAVA_HOME="c:\program files\Java\j2re1.4.0"

(I'm guessing the path, from the location of the web page you quoted -
it should contain a "bin" directory, with a "java" executable inside
that.)

--
clumsyoik