clumsyoik Wrote:

> Let's see if we can fix the problem now, then. The first thing that
> stands out is your JAVA_HOME - \bin\java is is not the normal place for
> java to be installed on Windows XP.
>
> Can you post the results of the command:
>
> c:\bin\java -version
>
> Regards
>
> CO

I typed the command in a command line window and got a one line
response:

There is NO c:\bin directory on my C: drive.
----
I have a Start menu command "Java 2 runtime environment" with a single
sub-menu item "Welcome to Java 2".  If I click on that item, I get a
web page on my hard disk at

file:///c:/Program%20Files/Java/j2re1.4.0/Welcome.html

I'd guess the Java runtime is installed in this directory.

As far as I can see, the \bin path was generated in your s/w.

Bill

--
Listener