Thanks for your help Mr. StinkingPig, but I am afraid even though I have
been in software for 22 years, these questions aren't so easy.

So
1) verify that the Slimserver is running
I can only assume that since I can see it up that it is running.
2) and that the firewall isn't blocking it.
I don't know how to go about doing that.

3) Windows Firewall exceptions don't always take effect on
the first try, so try temporarily disabling it.
I don't get that one since there is nothing to 'take effect'. I
think those firewall exception settings have been set that way since
the moment I installed slimserver. In any case, I didn't set those
firewall exceptions. So I don't know what you mean by 'temporarily
disabling it'.

4)Also make sure you don't have other firewalls helping out.
Don't know how to do that either.

Sorry for being a dummy.

--
Bruce S.