It is the SMC WCB-G - I've been pleased with it so far.  One thing I
like is that it tells you signal strength as well as 'link quality', so
it helps with identifying issues. For example, last night the SB
actually started 'stuttering' - I currently have the laptop near the
unit while I'm troubleshooting - although signal strength was over 50%,
link quality for some reason was dropping to 10% (noise/interference
somewhere? - neighbours phone?) I switched channels and it seemed to
clear up.
Is it possible the laptop card is causing problems?

--
nicketynick