bpa Wrote:
> I have an Intel 2200BG card which resulted in spurious disconnects to my
> Linux server - turned out to be power mangement in the laptop reducing
> wireless signal. I don't know about the SMC card
> I'll check power management again - maybe there is something in there
> set for 100 minutes or something.
> AFAIK WPA results in a small reduction in bandwidth - since both server
> and SB3 are connected by wireless,
> Is it possible that you are getting bandwidth problems ?
> Is there something pulling your network down to 802.11b ?
> What is the connection speed between laptop and router ?
> Are you sending WAV to the SB3 ?
I'm sending FLAC or mp3, so minimal bandwidth required. Usually the
connection speed is really high - I can put lots of other traffic on
the connection without stuttering, with the exception of the incident
last night, where the 'link quality' degraded and connection speed
dropped to less than 1 Mbps, which caused stuttering, but not an
outright shutdown.

--
nicketynick