Patrick Dixon Wrote:
> I'm not actually using XP but I have installed Perl modules on XP before
> using PPM
>
> IIRC, you do something like this:
>
> In a command window:
> cd C:\Perl\bin (or wherever your Perl is)
> ppm
> install DBD-mysql
> exit

Thanks, but I've already done that. The module's installed in a
sub-directory of my Perl installation.  Slimserver doesn't 'see' it for
some reason.

The wiki on the SD site says the following:

> For Windows platform without Perl installed: Get the latest DBD-mysql
> from ActiveState...
> http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/
> The files in blib/arch should be copied to
> server/CPAN/arch/5.8/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread and those in blib/lib
> should be copied to server/CPAN. This will make them available to
> SlimServer.

This doesn't make any sense.  You get a zip file but nothing that maps
to these instructions.  Anyway, sorry to be a pest!

Regards,

--
rkeeney