Thank you for your response. I've been searching all night for a way to
do this. I'm simply trying to suprise my wife with a nice message when
the player goes into screensaver mode.

I'm having problems with the directions you stated. I saved the script
as a .pl file, and placed it in my plugins folder. I stopped then
re-started my slimserver service in windows. The plugin does not show
in slimerver plugin settings.

Even if I could get it to show, I have no idea what you mean by linking
it to a text file to display my message. Where would the .txt file go?

I'm sorry, but I'm just trying to get this right. I appreciate all your
help.

I wish there was simple easier way to scroll custom text when the
player is in screensaver mode.

--
NJSal